Friday, October 1, 2010

A concert!

I think the last concert that Dave and I went to was back in the spring of 2008.

I had a friend on facebook post that they went to see Mary Poppins. I asked her where she saw that show and she sent me the link to this theater group in Charlotte . At the bottom of the page with the upcoming concerts, much to my surprise, was Great Big Sea!!

They are a band from Atlantic Canada that plays folk, sea shanties and fun music! They are popular on Canadian radio as well.

Dave and I have seen them before that the Molson Amphitheater in Toronto. They are a fun band to see.

So I got very excited about this concert here, 1.5 hours away!!!

I right away sent Dave a message asking if we could go. He was excited too- just not as much as me.

But first we needed a babysitter to cover from 4-12. Our third request was successful!

I was able to then buy tickets!

>>>fast forward to the concert.

We drop Zeke off at the babysitters where he got to go see soccer games and play outside with balls and on a playground and fell asleep without his night time bottle. So he had a great time.

Dave and I continued on to Charlotte, stopping for dinner at the Cook Out.

We got downtown early so we walked around a little bit. Downtown Charlotte is very nice.

The concert was in an old church that was converted into a theater, seating about 700. The ushers were rationing the playbill as they didnt print enough because they didnt expect the concert to be SOLD OUT.

I wonder how everyone heard about the concert. So I asked the people sitting next to us. They had been to Newfoundland and heard about them and went to see a show by a group called Anchors Away while they were there. (plus she gets the email with the shows that are coming up)

The concert started out on a high note and didnt disappoint. There was a lot of audience participation and banter. We even had an impromptu singing on "skinamarinkadink, skinamarinkydo" Many people were even doing the hand motions. It was a lot of fun!






Now I want their new CDs :)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...