Thursday, September 19, 2013

Raw Edge Circle Quilt done.

So I made this circle Quilt for Kendra and wanted to do this to it (I saw it on Cluck Cluck Sew) but it was too small for me. 

I started by sewing circles onto square backgrounds then cutting them into quarters.

Edit to add: all i did was lay the circle on top of the square and sew about 1/4 inch+ ish in from the edge and just sewed an inch or so, lifted the foot turned the fabric and sewed another inch or so until i was all the way around. 

When I cut it into quarters I did take off some of the excess of the background fabric from behind the circle part. 

(i pretty much just followed the blog from cluck cluck sew)

The background fabric is a layer cake and the circles are from my stash.

Then I sewed them back together while I was at the quilting retreat and finished off the top. 

I then finished it at home a couple days later. 




squaring up


testing out layouts


front and back

back







puffy


My first raw edge quilt. 

not too shabby





1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your circle quilt. It is so cute! The children are adorable.
Come and visit me at my blog.
New follower from Blackberry Winter Crafts. blogspot
Donna L.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...