Thursday, January 10, 2013

New bathrooms... finally

When we moved into this house, 4 years ago, it was very "old lady-ish"

(I went to look for those pictures of when we first moved in but it seems that Dave deleted them all. grr)

This is all I could find. 

This is the larger bathroom that the guests use. 
 lovely right?

 so we pulled off the wall paper
 got all new plumbing in the whole house in Oct 2011 and the shower was done by Bath Fitter in 2010 (i think)
 and finally in Dec 2012 we got a new counter and sink and floor.
 My friend Courtney painted the brown and blue in Jan 2012
 so much fresher
 love the floor and counter top.



Now for the second bathroom.
This is one Dave and I use and the kids get baths in.

This one required more work.
found this pic of the wallpaper that was in here before

ad looking from freshly removed walpaper hallway. now this whole section looks good!!

(I almost forgot to get a before shot- so here it is with just the toilet and sink gone)
 My plant in the corner loved it and started to grow in the wall and put out roots.
 nice red tiles right? we had them removed and new drywall put over them.
 does your medicine cabinet have an odd little slot in the back? ours did.
Do you know what its for? I didn't.  Apparently it was a razor slot, so people could just dump down their old razors into the wall.. because why not? we had 10 or so razors in our wall.
 this bathtub was also redone by Bath Fitter in 2010 so it didnt need to be done.
 Our Handy Man Dale. Everyone should have a Handy Man. They are handy to have.

So he put the mirror in while I was gone for the morning and put it a little too high. I could only see from my nose up.
 notice the space (or lack of space) between the light and mirror?
 now there is more room and another light and a vent.
 the mirror is actually meant to go over a toilet. Dale recessed it into the wall for us so we could have a lot more storage space.

 I was going to paint this room the same as the other bathroom but the night before painting I was thinking of it and decided a buttery yellow would be much better.
 We got a new Euro sink vanity. the way the cabinet recesses under the sink gave us much more floor space. great for when trying to be on your knees and bathing kids in the tub.
 New light fixture. (good thing the mirror was lowered) and accessories
 new floor- same as the other bathroom.
 peek-a-boo


4 comments:

Dave DeBaeremaeker said...

sure sure, blame me for deleting the pics... :)

I forgot how crappy our bathrooms looked when we moved in. It is a night and day difference between the two - and under budget too!

Dave DeBaeremaeker said...

Oh also, we got a bathroom fan in the small bathroom too - very handy.

Duffman said...

Now, thanks to Google Plus Instant Upload you don't need to worry about losing pictures. LOL

I think it early 2010 because I think it had JUST been done when Christine & I came down just prior to concieving(sp?) Rylee.

Veronica Davenport said...

This iss great

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...