Saturday, November 5, 2011

Google reader

Reading your blog posts though Google Reader is great except you cannot see the actual blog layouts.

here is a tip I got from Scary Mommy

Finally, a tip for design loving blog readers: If you read blogs through Google Reader, but miss actually seeingthe blogs, this is the answer you’ve been waiting for: Logged into your Google account, go here and click on the Goodies tab. Once you “Put Reader in a Bookmark,” you will be able to read the posts from your reader, intheir actual blogs. You get to see the blog post in the pretty design, and the blogger gets the page-view. Win, win for everyone.


EXCEPT it hasnt been working for me since they changed the Reader Layout!


I will update this when it works again. 


EDIT: it works again!! yay!


I have blogged this so I have the info handy for when i need to do it again.

2 comments:

Duffman said...

My issue is that I like to read the blogs in my Google Reader account from my iGoogle page gadget or my Google Chrome gadget. I'll try switching it out for my Chrome Gadget (if I can).

But at work I'm stuck with IE so I use my iGoogle page primarly.

Debbie said...

cool advice - I never knew that. I seldom go to google reader anymore but this makes me want to.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...