Thursday, June 12, 2008

U2

new photos are up!

Today Dave and I went and got a Eurorail pass for when we are on mainland Europe. It will let us travel on trains for 10 days over a 2 month period. This works out perfect for us!

from there Dave went to work and I headed back to the Art Gallery. I saw the rest of the gallery. It wasnt as fun as the other day. I finished up within a couple hours.

I went across the road to Merrion park. This is where we will be on Sat. There is a statue there of Oscar Wilde.

who is he?

Oscar Fingal O'Flahertie Wills Wilde (16 October 185430 November 1900) was an Irish playwright, novelist, poet, and author of short stories. Known for his barbed wit, he was one of the most successful playwrights of late Victorian London, and one of the greatest celebrities of his day.

He was born in 1854 in Dublin and later studied at Trinity College, Dublin and Magdalen College, Oxford. After his love Florence Balcombe became engaged to Bram Stoker, Wilde left Ireland and spent the next few years in London, Paris, and the United States. He married Constance Lloyd in 1884 and the couple had two sons. As the result of a widely covered trial, Wilde suffered a dramatic downfall and was imprisoned for two years of hard labour after being convicted of the offence of "gross indecency."


There you go!
His statue is not coloured. It is apparently made from many types of material that makes it look like it.

It was a really nice park.
From there I thought I might as well check out the U2 wall. I had seen it from my viking tour. This was nearby and worth a gander.
I was walking along and couldnt find it. Someone wanted to know if I knew where a cafe was and then proceeded to ask if I was from Canada. Turns out so was she! From Owen Sound but came to Ireland 10 years ago for a year and just never went back. we figured out where I had to go and she was off to an interview.
I found the U2 wall and it was just a wall with graffiti on it about U2 and how great they were.
Some people were there to wait to catch a glimpse of them. One guy said he would be there til 11 pm tonight! crazy what some people do!
I came home after that and thats about that. I am now uploading pictures.
enjoy them!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...