Dave saw a quilt at a Geocaching event that made him want one of his own. We didnt get the quilt because we were out bid at the silent auction.
so this adventure started with a trip to the fabric store. With Dave. and he bought fabric.
I also used Heat n Bond fusible stuff for the first time.
the man is cut out but the backing needs to be removed and the symbol needs to be put on the fabric yet.
They were printed in reverse then I used a bit of glue tape from my scrapbooking stuff to glue it to the back of the Heat n Bond. Then I cut them out. That way i didnt have to cut them out multiple times!
all fused on, I then used my machines blanket stitch to sew them down.
Next up was basting then quilting. I used straight lines and stopped and started at the appliqued stuff.
Which I talked about over here
I then put on some hanging tabs and there we go! all done and ready to use.
The sad face is because I told him to lift it up over his face for some shots :)
I think he is happy!
Labeled and signed (didnt get one of the signed part. oh well)
The pixilated areas are 2 different codes. One is a trackable number and one is an opencaching.us cache number for a moving cache. In order to log the cache people need to sign it so the back has a spot for people to sign it.