Zeke will often sleep in Abigails room when we have guests as he has the queen bed in his room.
This has been fine while he was on the toddler cot (which is awesome by the way) but since he has out grown it and moved to an adult size cot, it doesnt really fit in Abigails room anymore.
So I wanted to get them bunk beds. Our next guests were coming in october. So I started looking online and at Ikea. Conveniently Dave had a work trip to vegas so we could go to ikea before we picked him up at the airport.
I got the bunk bed and 2 mattresses and a few other things at a great price. Ikea doesnt have many sales but they had some great Family Pricing over the long weekend while we were there. BONUS! i saved $50!
I got started on her room on Tuesday while she was at school. This was the mess I started with. it was a bit messier than usual since I was going to be removing most of the toys anyway.
I had Abigail help me wash the walls. She was very excited for change (so unlike her brother!)
I had help putting up this sticker over 6 years ago when I was getting this room ready for a baby Zeke
putting together the bunk bed.
Abigail spent the night in Zekes room so we could finish her room.
I put up the final details while she was at school today.
wont be long before Dave doesnt need to change Abigail on the change table and we can remove that extra piece. it becomes just a normal dresser then.
So I have finished up a few things over the last month
First off- two baby quilts to be donated to Robin's Nest - Child Advocacy center
our guild provides them with quilts they can use and keep for the physical examination.
the quilts are flannel so I thought a satin binding would be a nice touch= but oh man, that stuff is a pain to work with. The second quilt's binding went on much easier as I got a bit smart and got out my walking foot.
I love colouring fabric so when I saw this black and white tank top I knew I had to play with it.
I just used fabric markers a coloured in the stars.
A friend brought me a tote bag that she wanted to be made into a pillow. It has sentimental past for her family member who is going through some treatment.
So I took off the handles and opened up the hems and sewed the top and boxed the corners. not too bad :)