A coworker of Dave's wife had a baby about 7 weeks early 3 weeks ago. They have been traveling back and forth to the hospital every day. I dont think they have a huge support system here as their parents are out of state like ours.
So I decided I would bring them a meal and arranged to bring it this Sunday. Well Saturday I realized I didnt have a quilt ready for them.
I had a top done and ready to be quilted but I didnt have batting to fit it. I could have pieced together batting but Im not sure what all the heights I have hanging around.
I did have one piece that would fit this panel
The panel had a bit of room on the sides so I added a border to it. There wasnt that much measuring going on- just enough so I had even sides etc. I was going by the width of the batting. I didnt have very much wasted at the end either!
With so much pinks in it I needed to have a boy border.
I made the top and bottom border smaller because I didnt want it to be so long.
It was very prickly quilting this one.
The back is IKEA fabric again, perfect for a little boy.