Monday, February 18, 2013

Funky Monkey take 2

I made this quilt for Meredith last year and had a very hard time giving it up!

So I ended up buying more material for another quilt. This time it was going to stay with me!

I started this quilt on Saturday Feb 9th
Dave got some "in progress" shots for me :)
I wanted it to be big enough to snuggle under. I had the boys test it for me. I added a 3 inch border around it.


Zeke really wanted to help me to he learned how to baste a quilt with pins :)




Since I had A LOT of pins in it I used this magnetic bowl to catch them in as I took them out while quilting. 



Its kind of hard to see the letters- but I signed it and added a heart because I pulled it out of the dryer on Feb. 13th and signed it the 14th. Done in 4 days! whoohoo


I used the sock monkey fabric for the backing. You can see the front shining though in this picture
You can go here: http://debaeremaeker.blogspot.com/2012/06/merediths-baby-quilt.html to see what the panels say. the center 15 blocks are the exact same as Meredith's quilt.

Zeke loves it and "races" around the outside blocks. 





1 comments:

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Beautiful blanket and so impressive to be done that quickly. Zeke is TOO cute doing the pinning. He's so intense. What size are your individual squares?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...