Friday, August 31, 2012

quick quilt top

While at my mom and dads I wanted to get some quilting in as we were there for 3 weeks!

I figured that I could have people watch my kids while I got to play :)
 they happily agreed!

I grabbed some cheap fabric (small charm pack and jelly roll) from walmart and returned home to find out that my mom no longer has a sewing machine!


Luckily my sister was coming home and brought her sewing machine for me!

but I only had one day to use it!

Then my other sister asked if I could make her an apron and so we used the "backing fabric" and some of the jelly strips. You can find that here

I set up in the kitchen area and started working. 

I got the apron done and then most of the quilt top. My sister then decided that she was going to leave the sewing machine at mom and dads so I didnt rush to finish the top. 

A couple days later I got it finished. 

I love the stained glass look- I put it in the sliding glass door. 

Then I tried to take it outside... it was a tad windy!





 So here it is inside :)


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...