well to be fair I finished last week.
This is the quilt top:
While I was getting lessons I was working on this quilt on my own. I had a friend give me a lot of scraps when she heard that I was starting quilting. A lot of them had bugs or other critters on them. I figured out a way to use the most of the fabric as I could but pairing them with solid blue and yellow.
I have no idea if this is an actual pattern. I just made it up from the top of my head. Do you know if it has a name?
I have been calling this my Critter Quilt.
I sent this away to be quilted by someone with a long arm quilter.
we chose a green thread to show up on both the blue and yellow. (we were debating yellow or blue thread first)
And its finished and on my guest bed. I was thinking if we have a child #2 that Zeke might end up in this room.
I just kept making blocks for this quilt until one day I laid them out and had a lot! I sashed in red and bordered in a bug print and bound in green.
I had to enlist my friends help to see if there was anything near each other and with final placement.
I then numbered them to keep them in order.
|My favourite block!! the cat is split between two pieces and is purrfectly lined up.|
after a wash I love the little crinkling.
You can see that I put the binding on backwards. I first attached it to the front and then machine attached it to the back. It was better than the first one I machine bound (blog post to come)
the front - you can see the machine attaching on the front.
all folded up