Monday, December 1, 2008

My Thanksgiving Weekend

My Thanksgiving weekend didnt start out so well.
Dave left me sleeping when he went to take the dog out for a walk. (we drive to a nearby walking path thats pretty flat and paved and no cars;) ) He came back in looking for his I-pod so that woke me up. Then about 6 minutes later he was back again!! He noticed that the front passenger tire was flat on the car!

not bad- you can just put on a spare and get it fixed right? Well maybe on a day thats not a holiday! Well I had remembered that Walmart was open so dave gave them a call and yes they were open and would love to serve us!

Sweet!? yes and no. the spare tire was also flat and as we only have 1 car, we had no way of getting it to the shop. So I tried calling the neighbours to see if they had a pump (no). No answer. Humm- now what? I walked over and knocked on the door (turns out they turn their phones off at night) since it was 10 am i figured they would be up (and they were hosting thanksgiving dinner there). Well they were willing to give us a ride into town as soon as they got dressed.

We got a new tire, pumped up the spare and life was good.
The rest of the day we hung out and went for a walk with Bailey and then for lunch at a restaurant for turkey dinner.

Friday:
woke up early for Black Friday sales. We were at Walmart at 7am (opened at 5) and the store wasnt that crowded. It was like going on a Wednesday afternoon. We got most of the deals we went for. We then hit up Lowes which also wasnt that busy to get a shop vac for $25 down from 90! score!
I think everyone went to the cit for deals, leaving the deals in town for us!

We came home and I did some cleaning up. I had the girls come to my house for crafting in the afternoon. After which Aaron and Deborah stayed for supper and watching the Arrogant Worms DVD - which i believed they liked :)

Saturday:
Slept in a bit, took dog for a walk, went and saw the Santa Clause Parade in town. it was ok- typical small town parade :)
watched a DVD at home, not too much (that I can remember)

Sunday:
Went to church
Fixed the eaves troughs
Lunch out led to discussion of Wii and the purchase of one. It boiled down to me saying i wouldnt argue with the purchase of one and Dave wanting to blame it on me and we agreed. So we were off to Toys R Us to get it.
We bought a few games right away and spent the rest of the night doing that :)

that was my weekend. Expensive then good deals, cheap entertainment then expensive Gaming system.






check out my pictures below





Christmas season 2008

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...