I had made her a baby quilt a couple years ago and they wanted one for when Rylee moved into her big girl bed.
My first thought was how to make it easy on myself since they didnt mind.
I found a panel online of Dora and some butterflies.
The panel includes the pink border as well.
I then decided to do some checkerboards and add a couple borders.
The reason the checkerboards are highlighted in different colours is because thats how I added them to the panel starting with the yellow.
I had suggested a bit more of a non-dora back for the quilt so that this quilt can be used as she gets older by just flipping it over.
I took a few yards and spread them out trying to get things as even as possible.
I had the quilter (Pam Bowman) use her "Flutterby" pattern to quilt it with. It fit very well with the butterflies that Dora is chasing.
I loved this fabric
It was suggested to me that I needed to label my quilts- and not just sign them. This is my first label and I hope it stays on!
lovely striped binding
With some of the leftover fabric I made a couple pillow cases to go with the quilt.
They just picked it up this week and are already loving it.
here is the pillow in use:
and a video they made: